a non-profit gallery for the visual and performing arts
Zero East 4th St.
Exhibition Proposal Submission
31 E. Third St.
Richmond, VA 23224
Zero East 4th Street
Richmond, VA 23224
Business Hours: Tues.-Sun. 12-4 PM and by appointment
There is still one open month to exhibit in the smallspace gallery in 2016. Opening date: Friday, September 23. To apply, use the form below and indicate month and year. $25 application fee AND exhibition fees required for 2016 ($75 non-members/$50 for members)
email: firstname.lastname@example.org | email@example.com
The tremendous success of artspace's first annual Within Reach Auction enables the gallery to waive all exhibition fees for the 2017 Exhibition Calendar to exhibiting artists.
The Exhibition Committee will review proposals* for the Main, Helena Davis, Frable and smallspace galleries for shows opening on the fourth Friday of January, February, April, July, August and September of 2017.
The proposal deadline is August 31, 2016. Digital submissions accepted until that date. Mailed submissions must be postmarked no later than August 31, 2016
Selection of Exhibitors for the 2017 Exhibition Calendar will be announced on September 20, 2016.
* The $25 proposal fee still applies. The Exhibition Committee acknowledges each proposal and communicates with each artist with any questions or concerns regarding their proposal.
- Except for special shows (which require prior approval) only artspace members may submit proposals for use of the entire gallery.
- Proposers may indicate suggested co-exhibitors (those who exhibit during the same month, but in a different gallery), if any, with whom they would like to share the same month and are asked to indicate preferred gallery space, but the final decision rests with the Exhibition Committee. Its decisions are based on numerous factors, including size and number of works (for gallery designation) and compatibility of subject matter, style and media (for co-exhibitor designation).
- Proposals may be made for individual, group or joint shows. Joint shows are shows for two artists with inter-related works who intend for their works to be shown together in the same gallery.
- The Exhibition Committee will not accept a proposal for a body of work that has already been shown in Richmond or the Greater Richmond Metropolitan Area. Proposals must be for new work or work new to this area.
- Proposals must accurately reflect the nature of the works proposed to be presented in the show. If a proposal is accepted and the works brought to the gallery for hanging prior to the show are not consistent with the nature and quality of the works presented in the proposal, artspace reserves the right to cancel the show.
Please familiarize yourself with our Exhibition Guidelines, before submitting your proposal.
Gallery Floor Plans: pzfloorplans.pdf
Please provide the following information in the body of an email addressed to: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com. If submitting by Snail Mail, please print out and submit this form with your proposal. Or download .pdf version: [exhibitform.pdf]
PHONE: (w) _______________(h)__________________ (cell)____________
EXHIBITION SEASON: ____________
PREFERRED MONTHS: ___________________________________________
AVOID MONTHS: _________________________________________________
GALLERY PREFERENCE*: ________________________________________
Have you ever exhibited at Artspace before? _____________
If so, when? _____________
PROPOSAL CHECKLIST (All must be provided.)
___________8-10 images of work that would be shown (or similar completed work that indicates the size/materials/scope of work you are proposing for exhibition).
Attach .jpg, .jpeg, .png, or .tif and .tiff files to the email or save to a disc or thumbdrive for Snail Mail entry.
___________Resume (Attach .pdf or .doc for email entry)
___________ Artistís statement on the nature/intent of works/exhibit - text may be included in the body of your email entry.
___________ Physical description of proposed exhibit - text may be included in the body of your email entry.
___________Application Fee ($25). This applies to all proposers, including members. artspace accepts cash, check or credit for payment. Please make checks payable to artspace.
To pay online, please use the link below:
Proposal Fee $25: https://squareup.com/store/artspacerva/item/exhibition-application-fee
___________OTHER ENCLOSURES (optional; please describe):_________
IF YOUR PROPOSAL IS ACCEPTED, YOU WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR THE FOLLOWING:
- Hanging and take down of exhibition. At the end of exhibition, returning the gallery space/walls to condition before installation of your show.
- Information and images for publicity and the printing of the postcard due to artspace two months before the opening.
- artspace will design and prepare 1000 postcards for the exhibition that will be available to artists at least three weeks before the opening. Exhibitors in the Main, Frable and Helena Davis Galleries have a four-color image of their work on the front of the postcard. The exhibitor in the smallspace gallery is included in all press release info and listing on the back of the card, but does not have an image on the front of the card.
- Providing food (not beverages) and serving supplies for the opening reception. Catering options are available. artspace will provide a cash bar.
For additional information on Exhibition Proposal and Exhibition Guidelines, call artspace (804) 232-6464 during business hours.
Donate Sponsors Links Copyright Webmaster
Home About Artists Exhibitions Performances Outreach Events Connect
Page Last Updated On: 7/15/2016 12:10:56 PM